Day One

A full day solo. So. Weird. The crazy bird on our roof made sure I wasn't completely alone, though. :P Instead of making my lunch last night I left it till my actual lunch break to put it together. Unfortunately I missed grandma's nursing home returning my call. Hopefully I'll reach them tomorrow during my lunch. My day went pretty quickly with only a few hiccups when the system would disconnect me. It's definitely strange working all alone in the basement, very lonesome. I still feel like I covered as many calls as I usually do at the call centre. After I signed off for the day I took a walk to the mailbox. I got a birthday card from Daisy and her family. She has always been a fan of regular mail and I think right now with COVID-19 keeping us all in our respective homes her card was a very nice touch...even with phone calls and FaceTime and texts at our disposal it's still all so quiet and lonely. I tried facetiming with my sister but mom bogarted her phone for a bit. :P Later on I played on the Houseparty app with my siblings and Weird Kid's girlfriend. It's all better than nothing but it's impossible to be constantly reminded that we all have to keep our distance. Ugh.

Comments