Falling Behind

I'm still a whole post behind my Lenten commitment. I need to blog earlier in the evening so I can actually get it done before bed. Yesterday was my second-to-last shift at the travel office. Not a single phone call but I did have a few emails to action. A couple asking what their options are for changing the dates on their summer honeymoon; with everything going on right now they're not sure if their wedding date is going to remain the same. And then also wedding related I had a room/family cancel out of a destination wedding group. Neither client purchased travel insurance and also their travel dates are outside of the flexibility policy in place with the travel suppliers right now. I handled everything as business as usual which felt very strange given I do not like handing off my clients/work to someone else to handle...but I will be forced to do that after next Saturday. Pairing that with me loading up three bags of my personal belongings at the end of my shift and it felt bizarrely like I was running away.

Comments