Slow Sunday

Butch left this morning for his work up on site. It's going to be so weird in the house without him all week. So much last minute modifications up until even half an hour before he left. I sincerely hope the trip up there isn't a waste and they get the job done so he does not have to go back up there. I also hope they stay safe and warm. I was going to head over to my parents house soon after he left but I ended up putzing around a little while. This morning there was a bird on our rooftop that was hammering on our vent pipe quite rhythmically, almost like someone with a little jackhammer was knocking on our roof. Butch threw a pine cone at it to make it go away but the little guy was oblivious and persistent. :P But soon after Butch left the bird stopped pecking away. He might have come back while I was out of the house but I did not hear much for the extra hour or so I was here at home. Unfortunately we never did get to have FaceTime with grandma. And with the way the world is going right now the bishop of the diocese livestreamed Lenten mass -- we were going to catch the recording in the afternoon. Lunch came around and still no recording on their website. I ended up taking a nap while we waited for it to show up on the site. It's too bad they do not put them up on YouTube. I tried to mirror or cast the video to the TV but it just wasn't working out. In the end we watched a YouTube recording from Massachusetts. I stayed with mom and the little sister till after dinner. Weird Kid didn't make it over but he encouraged us to download the Houseparty app so we could chat and play games together. Mom asked when I would come visit them again or if I would spend the night at some point since Butch is out of town -- and as my mom she still worries when I'm alone in the house. I explained that now that I'm working from home it did not make a whole lot of sense to sleepover just to come back home in the morning. But maybe on my birthday we'll see. Not to start off my birthday since I'm working the early shift but definitely for the rest of the day after I'm done. On top of Butch being away, my dad being gone, not getting to see my grandma, the fact that I can't even enjoy a favorite restaurant without ordering it in is such an irritation to me. I don't even know what I want to eat that day -- that is so unlike me! Things are so strange right now.

Comments