Speedy Gonzalez

I'm typing from a laptop! I owe three posts to catch up with Lent! Let's do this! On Friday I worked the super early shift, and 15 minutes into the day I was scheduled to attend the first Q&A seminar regarding covid-19. We did not have much to discuss other than collecting questions for management to bring forward to the higher ups and labor relations. By then there were already some companies who shut down their downtown offices. Butch sent me a text saying he was working from home because a coworker's kid was possibly in contact with someone who tested positive for the virus. Weird Kid's girlfriend had a patient test positive for the virus as well so he decided to work from home that day. An employee at my workplace asked during the Q&A what she was supposed to do since her husband's downtown office was closed (he wasn't at risk, his office just closed to be cautious) Nobody knew how to answer that, but I have a feeling she just wanted to stay home since he got to Unfortunately for her our job is not one we can do by teleworking (yet). I asked Daisy how her school was handling it. She had 10 kids absent on Friday, but not because they were self-isolating...they were just "regular" sick. I was kind of self-isolated by circumstance. Daisy had an event that night, and Butch was working in the garage with his buddy. It was too late in the evening for me to go visit mom and the little sister so I just hunkered down in the basement working on the puzzle I purchased on the IKEA table I put together :) while listening to Ashley Graham's podcast and popping Boy Bawang in my mouth non-stop. I think I separated out all the edge pieces that night. A few of them are already pieced together. It's a start. Also kind of a big tease because it just reminds me that none of us are going to be able to vacation for the next little while. (It's a night scene of the Las Vegas strip)

Comments