The Other Side

After a long week it was finally my turn to come into the travel office after my colleagues had spent the previous five days quashing all the cancellations and re-protections coming in from all angles at a furious pace. The lucky thing for me was that my clients have lessened dramatically since I cut down my hours at the office. I have one client and her boyfriend pondering their alternate dates for a trip that was scheduled to happen in less than two weeks. I have a couple of guests from a destination wedding getting a bit nervous about the trip to Mexico, but unfortunately their departure date is outside of the dates the tour operators are concerned with at this time. I have another couple who are wondering what to do with their trip to Vegas, but again their departure date is just outside of the dates covered by the flexibility policy right now. And I had one couple who arrived back home that day...their return flight got rescheduled because Cathay Pacific cancelled their original flight...and then that required a forced overnight hotel stay in VAncouver...but they were finally home and could relax even though it is so snowy and cold in Calgary right now. They had a great trip, and I'm glad they got home before flights get more chaotic. They started their trip a bit nervous about how it would turn out (they did a river cruise to Vietnam and Cambodia and then some island hopping in Thailand) but were happy they got to continue on with their trip and that nothing major came to affect them before they got home. On a totally unrelated note mom called me while I was at work because the hot water pipe in their basement was leaking...this after receiving a second replacement of the new washing machine (first was dented, second was leaking, third one's a charm?!) Luckily Butch was available to take a look and help out. He also took a picture of the electrical situation that sparked the second time the delivery crew came to do install. When that happened Weird Kid had suggested to mom that maybe she should ask my bestie's husband to see what we should do about it. I figured mom had not gotten around to it yet so I took the photo and texted it to the couple and asked for advice. Right away bestie let me know that her hubs was on the way. It surprised mom since it turns out she left them a voicemail at home and never heard back. Ahh, been there, done that. I've left voicemails for my godchildren on their birthdays and they've never received them. But to be fair, who checks their home phone much anymore now that everyone has cell phones with them all the time? So anyway, the parental home got quite a bit of repair action between Butch and bestie's husband. I'm happy mom and baby sis have a safe laundry room now. :P It just seems like so much is going on with the house ever since dad passed away. Hopefully it's not anything we can't manage.

Comments