Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day

Tomorrow is going to be really tough. I've already teared up several times tonight just thinking about it. So hopefully I can just immerse myself in work until I'm off...but then I'll be heading off to the cemetery to have a visit (and to see if the groundskeepers were able to install the wreath mom ordered on Sunday. Sadly because of all the covid-19 updates that are swiftly changing EVERYTHING around us we had to decide to cancel our get together with the uncles and aunts in dad's honor and we'll just have a small little dinner just the family and our partners. That is upsetting as well -- the people we can reach out to for more "dad comfort" and we can't even surround ourselves with them on this day. Grandma's all by herself...I really hope to reach her on the phone tomorrow. The orchids are looking fantastic. Butch said he aimed to have it in full bloom this week and I think he full-on delivered. It's wonderful. We had intended to fully support a local brewery and since Sunday it went from a reservation for a pretty large table to a takeout order for a party platter to now just ordering a few meats and sides for a family dinner. Hopefully we will all be able to get together soon and get our days back on track.

Comments