Alone Together

This weekend has been a lot of late nights just like old times, but only because we keep on watching stuff on TV until we're too tired to watch anymore. Woke up fairly late and so we made brunch late...which made me show up late for the twins' birthday on zoom. But it was great to see everyone's faces. Mom and baby sis did not make it into the chat. Later, S posted some video and photos of their birthday...there was even a community parade of strangers who decorated their cars and drove around to wish all the neighboring kids a happy birthday. Great timing! Since it was Easter I could finally have Starbucks so I ordered for drive thru and dropped off some decaf mochas for mom and baby sis in exchange for some pulled pork. :P Later on Weird Kid and his girlfriend (let's call her T, now) popped by my house with a Pizza Hut pizza and brownies for Easter. I'm glad I was able to see most of my family in person today, even if for just a minute. The only one missing is Grandma. :( I guess even if we had somehow coordinated to visit dad together today chances are it would not have been possible. Daisy and her mom had planned on meeting at her dad's gravesite -- still socially distancing of course to protect her mom. But when they got there the cemetery was closed. That would feel so sad to me. But I guess they just wanted to make sure large crowds came to the cemetery all at once because it will be open again tomorrow so her and her mom will try again. I was wrong about the NHL Edmonton player -- he did not die from COVID but nevertheless he died at a very young age. The article said brain bleed, which made me think of my dad. How common is this? I'm almost too scared to read up on it.

Comments