An Odd Easter

Today I went to Superstore and picked up some groceries for Butch and I as well as for mom and baby sis. The store was not as regimented as it was when I went there last, which was actually kind of disappointing. A lot more people were not respecting the social distancing concept. So strange that they would be more lax when last week Wal-Mart was ramping up their social distancing measures. I wish they would all enforce the same protocols at the same time. I tried calling the credit card company again to dispute that odd charge on my account. While I sat on hold getting drowsy Butch pulled up a way to dispute the charge online, but through the normal website and not on the app. Phew, so much better than sitting on hold. Here's hoping they can shed some light on the mystery. Tomorrow is Easter and it's going to be so weird to attend Easter Mass online and be apart from the family. Mom was making some pulled pork for tomorrow and she offered some if I wanted to come pick it up. If the weather was better I imagine Weird Kid and I and our partners could sit on the lawn while mom and baby sis sat on the stoop and we could all hang out that way. Unfortunately the wind is still insanely cold, especially on the hands, and the snow is so unpredictable right now. I read an article about a nursing home in Montreal that had 31 residents dead so far, but it was not solely due to COVID-19 but to their inhumane care of their clients. It made me so sad thinking of those poor elderly men and women, with no one to fight for proper treatment at this time due to distancing, and essentially passing away from abuse. It is absolutely shameful. And also, an NHL hockey player from the Oilers just passed away and he's not even 30. Young and athletic and STILL succumbs to coronavirus. I hope his suffering is not in vain and all the millennials pay better attention.

Comments