Manic Monday

On Monday I prepared myself for what I expected would be a crazy hectic day for us and for fellow Canadians as we worked hard to make sure we helped as many people as possible get the assistance they needed to get through the next 4 weeks. Despite long waits people were still quite pleasant and appreciative that we were on the job helping them out. I really do love how helpful this position makes me feel; it is so satisfying. It was also my first day working overtime. I chose to just tack on an additional 3 hours at the end of my shift -- they said they would be ok/could approve me working an additional 6 rather than 3, but I still wanted to be able to enjoy a (late) dinner with Butch and have some time to wind down and relax before heading to bed to rest for the next day. It went pretty well considering. And since I have to work late Butch has been preparing our dinners. Monday night we had pizza because he had a craving. He decided to try Fast Lane Pizza which is pretty close to the parents' house. We had a chicken & bacon pizza with black olives and donair sauce, and also a sausage pizza with barbecue sauce Even though I don't usually care for barbecue sauce both pizzas were pretty good and the crust was well done. And the bonus was we had more for lunch the next day!

Comments