Zoom Got Me

Another fun night zooming with my friends. Not without technical difficulties, though. :( We thought we'd try Google Hangouts and then Google Meet because of the security concerns with Zoom. But sadly I kept freezing or lagging with the Google apps. I still kind of froze at times with Zoom tonight for some reason. But the big annoyance with me about keeping on meeting through Zoom was the 40 minute limit. So they got me; I subscribed tonight because I figured 20 dollars a month is a small price to pay to be able to stay connected all night without having to add a new meeting code every 40 minutes. We also played more Cards Against Humanity together. I was on a roll! Also was super happy when Golf Girl and R messaged me asking if we were still chatting tonight. They were looking forward to it! Turns out they didn't get the Google Hangout invite somehow. I learned that R enjoys The Circle so we had a great chat about that. We also talked a little bit about Love Is Blind. Maybe at some point we'll all be able to sync/watch a show all together. This afternoon I received a Zoom invite for a kids' birthday party. This is our new normal. For dinner tonight I ordered fish and chips from Joey's because it's Good Friday, and also, because Coco was right there. I ordered our fish last night and our food was still half an hour late coming out of the kitchen. People were standing (distantly) all over the front part of the parking lot waiting for their orders. It was uncomfortable being around so many people even though we were all keeping our distance. Is this how we're all going to feel when we're free to leave our houses again? I just want to hug my mom and siblings and my grandma!

Comments