Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

And so begins another Lenten season and we are still in a pandemic. With that comes another attempt atblogging regularly -- making a Doogie Howser-style habit. My beloved uncle in the Philippines, my mom's eldest brother, passed away unexpectedly today. I feel kind of guilty and also confused because I have not shed much tears today. A strange thing for me since I've been weeping a little bit almost every day for at least a week as friends and loved ones post about the passing of their father, father-in-law, death anniversaries of fathers and siblings...maybe I'm all cried out and numb right now. Though when I got together with my family by Zoom tonight to start our novena for my uncle seeing my mom in grief yet again was what hit me the hardest. I can't even see her and give her a hug because indoor gatherings are not allowed at the moment. Hopefully I can take her and my sister to the cemetery to visit dad this weekend...I miss him everyday still. My boyfriend's mother was right when she warned me "it doesn't get easier."

Comments