Fyre

Just finished watching the documentary about the Fyre festival. What a gong show; I feel bad for all those poor Bahamians. Sometimes I think it's time to take a vacation/"staycation" but then I wonder what I would do with the time off and decide it's just not worth it. 

Butch and I rarely have down time together lately, some of it is definitely me with my whole "habit tracker" checklist I have going on...with the 45 minute walk, the meditation, the Rosary, the blog...I'm easily by myself doing my own thing for 3 hours. Some of it is of course before work, while he's at work, and all that but then we have our families and friends who need our help and attention (ie. visits with grandma, mom needs a ride to the lab or clinic, car maintenance and repair...) and after all that I think maybe we may have half an hour together downtime before bed, and there's dinner time but it's sometimes rushed, or I want to talk about my day before we go to sleep but that just makes us more exhausted the next day. It's rough. But today at least I'm catching up on some of our laundry. That is also on my habit tracker but with staying home all the time and my penchant for not wanting to run loads until they're full I think I may be do 2 or 3 loads a month, and they're always one after the other all in one day. :P 

Last night was my weekly zoom chat with the ladies but I don't know what I was doing...I just wanted to be by myself and do nothing I was supposed to do. As a result I only punished myself; I figured I would order a poke bowl rather than cook my dinner, but I sat in front of the TV and vegged out until 10 and there were no more poke bowls to be found. I ended up ordering a falafel salad (Hello, Lent and keto) but that was unfortunate since I had most of the ingredients to make a falafel salad myself. Oh well. Some girls had great news, others had stressful news...but Daisy and I rarely get to share any news because we are usually content to just sit back and take it all in. But I've been realizing that I definitely need some Daisy-time and also with her little sprout. Thankfully we've scheduled our own personal zoom time. As her little one says "that darn Coronavirus." It will be nice to just get to sit there and talk about nothing and everything all at the same time. Can't wait.

Comments