Investigation

So my brother and I spoke with the care manager of my grandma's facility. I am concerned that she was unaware of the incident and could not find an incident report in her files regarding what happened. Mom received a callback from the nurse who alerted her (she was off by the time mom called back) and gave her a bit more information. It sounds like the aggressor was a fellow resident who sits close to grandma's table during meals. According to the nurse this man is known for this behavior and my grandma was shocked and scared when it happened. They have since made sure that he is sitting far away from her and monitor his actions to make sure he does not touch her again. I need to repeat that this is all based on the nurse's account of the event as told to my mom, the higher ups do not seem to have any report of this happening. So now there is going to be an investigation and they are going to review the cameras to see what happened. I'm not sure what else to do until they look into it further but the care manager is going to call us again tomorrow with what she finds out. I do not get to talk with grandma until Sunday. I hope, in a way, that she is able to forget this happened. That it is in the part of her memory that flits in and out. Of all the things she remembers and goes through every day I would pray that this is not one of them. And I sincerely hope they keep that man in check, not just for my grandma's sake but if he's already known to behave this way then they need to monitor him for everyone at the care facility.

Comments