Perception

So the resident care manager called us back tonight to relay what she saw in the video footage. She says my grandma's full body is in view of the camera as her seat in the dining room faces the camera. A gentleman resident came sat beside her and touched her shoulder which surprised her but they say the footage does not she she got scared. The man then extended his hand and my grandma reached out to shake it. Then an aide saw the two of them shaking hands and thought he touched my grandma's breast so they broke off contact between the two. As for our concern that this man is known for this behaviour the manager claims there are no incident reports regarding this man. Also, he is partially blind and needs assistance walking so he is incapable of going to my grandma's room without someone with him, not to mention there are cameras outside of the rooms to see who goes in and out. They also added that the man was sent to the hospital last night so he is nowhere near my grandma and the other residents at this time. They can't give us the footage for privacy protection reasons but they are letting my brother and I watch it tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect, the story does not quite match the account my mother was told by the nurse and it's a little too convenient that the resident is not at the facility at this time. Not that we would do anything, it's just convenient that he's not around now. Coudl they possibly choreograph or orchestrate a "scenario" on video for us to see...grandma and many other residents are not always "with it" and could easily be told to enact certain situations. At least we can see the video and hopefully it will give us some peace of mind or whatever

Comments