Validation?

So my brother and I went to the care facility to meet with the resident care manager and look over the video. For what it's worth the video does look legit and not choreographed/staged. The man does tap grandma on the shoulder like the manager said and then they shook and held hands. I did catch my breath for a moment when the man's hand moved closer to my grandma's breast but after looking at it more I think grandma brought his hand closer to her because it was awkward for her to be shaking his hand over her shoulder. We did see the aide's reaction and him separating them apart. We also saw where her room is now and how the other resident's room (remember, he's in the hospital now as per their word) is at the far end of the hall, but we could not validate or walk through as they were sanitizing the wing while they were in the dining room for lunch. We did get to go into the dining room and wave to her from a distance, my poor brother has not seen her in months due to COVID regulations. Not sure if she recognized him with a facemask on but at least it was a moment. The only thing that still does not sit well with me is the fact that mom was told that this man is known for this kind of behavior. The resident care manager says there have been no known incidents or reports of such events happening. We just hope that the aides continue to look out for my grandma, and in essence our family, and keep us informed of things that go on at the facility. They are our witnesses, especially when management may not tell us.

Comments