A Cut

 I don't know what's wrong with me. I was making eggplant lasagna noodles when I sliced my ring finger on the mandolin. Butch was taking a shower. I couldn't get the bleeding to stop and my head was starting to spin from panic or anxiety. By the time he was done his shower I had my head on the dining table with my finger in the air and I was breathing deeply to try and keep from swooning. I had to break keto and had a pineapple soda and a couple of shortbread cookies to get my blood sugar up.

The medicentre (did you know you need an appointment now?! What are you supposed to do if it's not quite an emergency but Urgent Care is closed?! Luckily they took me in.) had me putting pressure on it for almost an hour and a half and then they would apply a pressure bandage. The backup plan was cauterizing the wound.  The bleeding was slowing down but not stopping so cauterizing was in order. They weren't joking when they warned it would likely hurt. I had to have them give me a moment partway through because the one would was not stopping so they had to cauterize it several times. Holy cow. And then I got dizzy again. I assume since I was overwhelmed...so then I had to lie down while they monitored my blood pressure and blood sugar.

What a night. By the time we got out it was late so I broke keto and had a mozza burger, sweet potato fries and a normal root beer. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage doing anything with my left (dominant) hand for the next little while. Typing this is already tedious.

But I also got to see my godmother and my uncle today. They got a house (pending inspection) and will be moving here in May. So awesome!

Comments