It's Mah Birthday

 It has been pretty mellow day. I took mom and my sister to the hospital for her pre-surgery assessment -- they were supposed to budget 3 hours for the appointment. I dropped them off, picked up my birthday Starbuck and then came home for a bit because Daisy and our other friend were having a delivery sent to my house. I missed the delivery but there waiting for me on the porch was a lovely charcuterie arrangement. They clearly had my keto Lent in mind. Unfortunately, this year my birthday also landed on a Friday. I enjoyed the caprese skewers and a container of olives, one of the mascarpone figs and a fungi tartlet. My birthday cheat was the cup of tiramisu.

Mom and sis were done an hour earlier than scheduled so we then grabbed some poke bowls from Banzai and had lunch in my car. Then since it was my birthday and I was enjoying the company I decided (with their permission) to risk it and have a shopping jaunt to Winners and HomeSense. It actually wasn't all that busy and I found  a cute blouse and cardigan on clearance. My sister snuck a personally made birthday card into my purse while I was driving us around.

Then my brother came and picked up mom for her COVID vaccine appointment. And baby sis and I grabbed some iced coffee and took it home and we played her Cup O Noodles Yahtzee out on the porch. I'm glad I had that personal time with her even if we weren't talking about anything deep.

For dinner Butch and I ordered in from Globefish. Thankfully our order didn't get botched this time but the price did go up and we noticed that ingredients were taken out or swapped out. It was still delicious but a disappointment.

I then had my weekly zoom with the ladies while I had some of my favorite sangria. I did leave the chat early to spend more time with Butch -- he was actually free and I didn't want to waste that on my birthday of all days. Unfortunately the poor guy was tired so it was bedtime. 

Comments