Rubber Fingertips

 My boyfriend helped change the dressing on my finger last night...mostly because I can't bear to look at it. Off came the bandaid the nurse gingerly put on my finger and then all the gauze he tightly wound around the bandage...oh and then all the medical tape. In it's place he put one of the bandaids the nurse handed to me and I slapped on a latex glove because now the finger isn't all chubbed up and too big for the gloves. Onward and upward.

It made typing easier, much easier -- still did not type at all with the finger but now the other surrounding fingers could hit their mark a teensy bit easier. But I'm not a fan of the sensation of the fingertip touching anything yet.

So Butch thought of another solution to try and make things easier: a box of rubber fingertips in 5 different sizes. Here I am typing this blog out now. The second largest rubber fingertip (really they're like thimbles) fits best over the bandaid at the moment. It doesn't squeeze on the finger and provides enough cushioning so I can type with that finger without it making any contact with the surface. And accuracy is so much better! It's not 100% accurate but soooooo much better.

For dinner I took the bottle of Kewpie creamy roasted sesame and soaked some chicken thighs in it for a few minutes and then fried them up. I then took a bag of cauliflower rice and cooked it up in the leftover fats and juices and sprinkled garlic powder in. The flavors are not as prominent as I had hoped...more marinating time and more garlic powder I guess. I chopped nothing because sharp objects still intimidate me.

I also got a birthday card from Daisy and her husband and little one. She's always so thoughtful.

Comments