Walk It Out

 This morning I had a dentist appointment and I did not want to get mom's aircast dirty outside so I decided to try my luck with just my ankle support in my shearling boot. I did not have to walk far from the car to the dental office and I even took a couple of side trips to Torrid, Hot Topic and the food court. It was pretty much a success! I feel like I was barely walking with any limp at this point. The only time I feel any discomfort is when I test my ankle's range by flexing it in different directions. I think tomorrow I will try doing some walking on the treadmill but at a slower pace than my usual, maybe I'll try 3km/h...it's slower than a leisurely pace but I don't want to jinx anything right now. We'll keep Zumba on hiatus.

Then when Butch was done his work in the garage we went wandering around Walmart to grab our groceries for the week and just spend some time together out of the house. More walking! I guess if I'm really honest the ankle was a little tired by the time we got home. So now I've got it elevated and icing just as a precaution. 

In shocking news it looks like Starbucks got rid of my beloved Doubleshot on Ice. The app says it's "out of season." That does not make any sense! In its place they now have a "shaken espresso." It's so not the same. I wonder how many others are miffed about the change. 

Comments