Happy Easter!

 And just like that another pandemic Lent is done. About half past midnight I asked Butch to grab my tres leches cake from the fridge (Thanks, Costa Vida!) and gobbled it down with gusto. It was good but I guess I did not really have a craving for it. This morning my stomach was a little upset as Butch warned but I wasn't violently ill or anything. 

After watching mass from the National Shrine in Washington DC online with the family I headed out to Southcentre to see if I would be lucky enough to get an iPad. Victory! I still have not opened it yet because if I win the one from Willow Park Wine and Spirits (the draw is in 3 days) then what am I going to do with 2 iPads? I guess there are worse problems to have and I already earmarked this money for the iPad.

After my shopping win I was going to pick up some Arby's for our lunch but they were closed for Easter...so then the backup plan was McDonald's. Hopefully this will not be excruciating shortly.

After my FaceTime with grandma I picked up some coffee and brought it over to mom and baby sis with a Black Forest cake from Co-op...but it's Cal & Gary brand now. It gave me pause although the label said made fresh in-store. It's definitely a different recipe than the old Co-op cake. The cake itself is fudgier and not as much cherry filling in between the layers. I'm also not sure if they use genuine Kirsch anymore. It was good just not as good as it used to be.

Tomorrow's baby sis' surgery. So I have to go pick them up early enough to get them to the hospital for 8am. I hope she heals quickly!

Comments