"Hi, my name is Leah and I'm..."

I came across this site a little while back. (Alright, I admit the fact that it had those 3 magical letters -- nyc -- piqued my interest.) At first I thought it was overindulgent feminist stuff...complaining about piggish men everywhere. But the more I read it I ended up finding some entertaining stories. Not only that, but I could relate.

My encounter with Mr. Iraqi would definitely fit in with that blog. To this day Daisy still asks me to re-count his "exact" words to me. Even if I could forget them she has me repeat them so often it would never escape my mind. Ah well, always good for a laugh. :)

The guy who hit on me during my days as the "Beanie Baby girl." He'd definitely rank with the guys on that site.

So many ridiculous stories. So many ridiculous guys.

And a couple of days this week there has been this guy at the base of the staircase outside the station where I jump off for work. He didn't really strike me the first day but the second day I noticed he was holding up his cell phone towards the staircase. He wasn't dialing anything; it was clear he was taking pictures. When I realized this I whipped my head behind me to see what he was shooting. I was the only one on the staircase. When I turned back he had already shut his phone and popped it into his pocket. Should I have said something? Even though it was odd I don't think it was anything harmless. I wasn't wearing a skirt and I was fully covered up with my jacket and everything. I just recently got a camera phone. While I'm not a big fan of camera phones I think Holla Back NYC turns them into a useful tool (when people actually follow the suggestions.) Unfortunately, even in silent mode my camera function makes a loud and distinct snapshot sound when you take a picture so if I tried to take any photos of sketchy guys I'd probably get myself beat up.

Comments